Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Best Laid Plans...

I had to learn the first stanza of "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns back in sophomore year in high school (waaay long ago) and I still remember it. "The best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray. And leave us naught but grief and pain for promised joy." The promised joy, in this case, was my "Brothers" layout. The pain came when I realized I didn't have any decent pictures of the boys together and very few good ones of my oldest son at all in an entire 6 month period. This must have been his "look like an idiot when in the presence of a camera" phase. So I scrapped it (hey, a pun!) and made another layout mostly of the girls. I called it Splash!


The kit is Jessica Michelle by Punky's Pixels and is available exclusively at Seaside Scraps. I flipped Tanya D.'s template to give it a different look. The fonts in both layouts are Excalibur Logotype and Spahrty girl.

What I'm downloading:

Designs by Krista has a kit that is ... well, it's Delightful.

Tracy's Scraps has the most adorable LOVE template. She thinks it's dorky, but I think sometimes dorky is good.

If you like overlays, head over to Kim B's for one that is Elegant and Grubby.

Kirsty (I notice her blog header no longer says Lime Green Boogie Girl) has three overlays that I somehow missed, and I didn't see them on any of the other freebie lists. Scroll down to Sunday. She called them Ocean Spray, Potpourri and Star Struck.

If you like black and red, you need to see the new kit on Rose.li's blog. I know just how I'm using this.

Candee has a new freebie on Mermaid's Haven. She calls it Gothic Sunny Day. It reminds me of a Victorian living room.

This is just what I found since my last post. I'm sure when I get up in the morning I'll have more to show you. I know I have another layout ready to show off.

No comments: