Thursday, July 12, 2007

My First Template!

My friend, Steph, liked my Orange Julius layout so much, I offered to do one for her. I don't have any blue eyed kids, so I was dying to do a colored black and white layout with a blue eyed subject. And she thinks I did it for her, lol.

The kit is Miss Mekeila and you can get it from the Punky's Pixels for FREE! The charms are by JanniScraps and those are also available on her blog for FREE!

Now, with all this free stuff, I just had to get in on the act. So I'm offering you my very first template... for FREE! I saved it as a .psd file, and asked my Amazing Digi Scrap Race 2 partner, Chelsea, to try opening it in PSE for me since I use PSP. It all checked out, so here we go. I'm offering it in two sizes. The reason is because I have a really hard time working with 12x12 files on my computer, so I work in 5x5 at 300 pixels per inch, which is perfect for the 8x8 books I have printed on Shutterfly. So I created the 5x5 file before realizing that the rest of you probably prefer 12x12. So I'm offering both.

Here's a preview of the template:

And here's the LO I did with it:


The kit is Paper Roses by Soto Creations, the scroll borders are by Rose Made Designs, and the font is Catholic School Girl.

You can get the 5x5 HERE and the 12x12 HERE. Please let me know what you think.

Now onto other freebies around the net.

Princess Pamela has the sweetest pink and brown kit called The Abby Kit. It even has a view master slide with heart shaped cutouts!

You would never, ever suspect that Daydreamer by Melanie Johnson was her first kit ever. Go check it out, and give a new designer some encouragement.

The designers must be getting sick of creating summer kits. Lisa Majewski has a really pretty kit in burgandy, rust and teal at Digiscrap Boutique. I like the way they do their freebies over there. You must register and post a comment to receive the freebie. Once you do, the link magically appears. The freebie is only available for one day (7/12), so head on over to get it before it disappears.

Kirsty has another overlay. This one is called Mabel. She says she did it in 5 minutes while trying to order a bicycle part on the phone!

Tracy's Scraps has some really cool girl word art. If you have girls, you have to check these out.

I saw this mini kit by Misty Cato a few days ago and thought I already had enough blue kits. But I looked at it again after it was listed on Amy W.'s list and now, I just had to have it. Isn't that swirly, beady element the cutest?

Lindsay Jane has a really pretty soft lilac mini kit up.

There is a cute pink and peach mini kit with hand drawn flowers called Floralidoo on Kim B's blog.

There's a new Rose kit on N.B.K. I have a feeling there will be more pieces to this. I'll keep you informed. For right now you can get Part I and Part II of the kit, some tags and swirly ornaments.

I thanked every designer I downloaded from. Did you?

Gotta Pixel is getting ready to start a new round of Bingo. You need to send in your word list by July 20th if you want to play. Everyone who plays gets a great kit, and if you win, you get another part of it. Go check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great lo!

Marianne said...

Great job on the template and congrats on your CT position!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice template, but it's password protected?? I tried the usual polite words to no avail.... Thanks though! Good job!

The Scrappy Times said...

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the files.