Sunday, July 15, 2007

Leaky Pipes, Falling Ceilings & a Freebie Template

I've been complaining to DH for weeks that the water pressure is too low. We have a well, so I thought something there needed to be cleaned out. He finally listened to me and figured out there was a slow leak in the pipe behind the shower. He had to cut a hole in the wall to repair it. While doing that, he put in a new, high pressure showerhead. Hooray! Right? Wrong. My oldest son was the first to try it out. Five minutes after he yells down, "it's awesome!", water starts dripping from the ceiling. I made him get out and waited for dh to get back from the grocery store. He blamed Brandon and said he must have flooded the floor, but the floor is dry. All night long, the ceiling continued to drip as I sat here scrapping. (When in crisis, scrap?) He came back down at 2 in the morning for a snack and finally listened to me when I said it couldn't possibly be Brandon's shower still making the ceiling leak. So he started poking at the ceiling with a stick to "release the pressure" and whole clumps of it start coming down. So now, I have a gaping whole in my ceiling. I just turned the well pump back on because we had no water without it and the toilets, with four kids, desperately needed flushing. DH is at Home Depot getting what he needs to repair it. Of course the last time he "repaired" something, I ended up in this mess, so let's hope he gets it right this time.

So you want to see what I did while I was up until 3 in the morning? I made three layouts and 2 templates. I'm really not sure about one of the templates, because it's so easy. But since I made it, I guess I'll go ahead and put it here for anyone who might want it. I'm going to save the second one, and my LO with it, for a few days. Just to drag out the suspense.



The kit is Punky's Pixels' brand new Hailey Jo, available exclusively at Seaside Scraps. The font is Christmas Card. I'm thinking of making a template out of this one for you too, but you'll have to do your own extraction. lol

And here's the LO and matching template I do have for you.

The kit is Tuscany by Punky's Pixels and , again, it's available exclusively at Seaside Scraps. The font is Conradasaur. The template is available in two sizes. 5x5 and 12x12.


Here's what else I'm downloading today:

Terriann Hanks as a sweet Strawberry Mint kit available on Digiscrap Boutique. Remember to comment if you want the magic link to appear.

The last of Ambrosia Dawn is posted on Fishin' Mom's blog. There's a lot to this kit, 19 downloads in all. If you don't have it all scroll down to see what you're missing.

There's another piece of The Rose Kit at N.B.K.

My ADSR2 partner, Chelsea, has her own first template up for grabs. Go give her some encouragement for her first effort. I love the circles. I'll make my LO with it and show it off tomorrow.

Nana's Attic has a bunch of QP's that go with Autumn Harmony. I'm going to recommend them to the girls on my mommy board who want to digiscrap but don't feel ready to just dive in.

It's been a while since Mrs. Miles has had new tapes, but today she's offering us some for summer.

Have a good Sunday. The ADSR2 starts tomorrow. Hooray! You can watch how Chelsea and I are doing on our race blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) thanks for the template!